Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Introducing Hiatus week!

HIATUS - a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.


Wow! we got here quick! It is "Hiatus week" over on my Everyday Bliss Blog. After each spin through my 13 virtues I take a week off from specific reflection. Since I paired my Parenting virtues up with complimentary virtues over there I am following that schedule in regard to Hiatus week even though I haven't yet been through all 13 of the virtues over here.. 

So welcome to Hiatus week on Everyday Mommy too! During Hiatus week, I reflect on the prior weeks and sort of get my bearings and make up my game plan for the next 13 weeks of exploring my virtues.

Everyday Bliss Virtues
Everyday Mommy Virtues
Joy
Fun
Order
Discipline
Creativity
Creativity
Passion
Love
Whimsy
Wonder
Serenity
Listening
Inquiry
Curiosity
Community
Compassion
Romance
Trust
Gratitude
Acceptance
Moxie
Empowerment
Humility
Humility
Surprise
Flexibility

When I started this blog a month ago it felt like four weeks would certainly be "enough time" for me to figure out how I wanted to proceed with this blog but I am here to report I'm not all that certain. When I matched up my parenting virtues, I wanted to make sure they worked well with my Everyday Bliss virtues since I wanted to work on them in conjunction. I think I did that pretty well but I still haven't figured out how to explore my parenting virtues in a meaningful way.  

Over at Everyday Bliss I come up with initiatives each week and do my best to play around with them as a way of injecting the virtue into my life. Over here I did not want to be THAT formal about it but just popping the virtue on the top of the page during the appropriate week isn't doing very much to encourage my use of the virtue. 

On the other hand I have been having a GREAT time participating in memes and generally bopping around and meeting other mommy bloggers. Having no real format has given me immense freedom and I have enjoyed doing all the things I don't have the space for over at Everyday Bliss.

I'm sure there has to be a balance of some kind... the rest of my Hiatus will be about figuring that out!

It is about balance. From Cara's blog.

Next Post: Wordless Wednesday

My 13 Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,
Compassion, Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility.

This week is Hiatus week. Next week we dive into Joy!
blog comments powered by Disqus