Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ahhh Sweet LOVE!


Topic of the week:
Love
A feeling of deep affection and personal attachment. 
Affectionate concern for the well-being of others.

You may have noticed that I have been a little absent on the blog front. I have realized that I bit off  a bit more then I can chew in terms of all the bloggy ideas I want to implement. I just don't have the bandwidth, particularly during the summer to do everything so I decided I'm NOT! Woo hoo! What Freedom! For now I will still acknowledge the topic of the week and whenever time permits I'll even blog about it but please don't expect any strict schedule for the next few weeks. Once summer is over and I have a couple of pre-school hours to myself I will re-evaluate. Until then lets all have a great summer and a laid back blogging schedule. (If you prefer a more structured blog then head over to Everyday Bliss where I am keeping up my usual schedule -- only a couple months to go in the year long project, I can't slow down now!)

Now on to today's topic of LOVE. 

The Love affair begins... 

What could say more about being a parent then love? I have to admit that I am still overwhelmed with how my perspectives and feelings changed since having my daughter. I always thought that I was a compassionate and loving person but I see now that I kept myself very removed, as protection from personal hurt, and never really got truly close to anyone. I have always been friendly and enjoyed the company of other people I just didn't let them get too close. 

From the first moment of knowing I was pregnant and then finally meeting her that lovely April afternoon, The Girl has stolen my heart. I want only the best for her and I hope and work earnestly at being  the best parent possible. Loving her has also made me love my own mother more then I ever expected. I never used to cry at sad movies but now my emotions are so activated I find myself tearing up at some commercials. It is crazy.  Crazy that I could have lived so long without really allowing love in and crazy how much love I can feel. I feel so lucky.

Yesterday I happened over to the Lady Bloggers Society, my visits have also been curbed by my summer fun, and there was a post about all these parents of kids with health issues. I took some time to visit a few and was immediately overcome with tears of thankfulness that my girl is happy and healthy. Some of these parents are fighting, and winning for their children's lives and others are dealing with the grief of goodbyes but in every situation the love comes pouring through. For this reason I've decided this week's linky will be dedicated to the blogs of these amazing loving people in situations we can only hope we will not live through. If you know of others that should be added to my list please add them and if you can spare a few minutes stop by and send your good wishes. I understand it helps to know people are out here praying and honoring the love of these special people.


This linky will be up all week in my sidebar. Please add any links you think are appropriate. 

Is Love different for you since becoming a parent?

Next Post: Wordless Wednesday

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Love. Next week 's topic is Wonder.
blog comments powered by Disqus