Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bloggy Domination and other Curiosities!


Topic of the week
Curiosity
The desire to learn or know about anything. 
To explore, question, and wonder.

Image from I need Motivation

OK so when I first came up with Curiosity as a parenting virtue I was definitely thinking about fostering curiosity in my daughter but this week I am not specifically thinking about her. This week all of my curiosity is piqued about my upcoming trip to Bloggy Boot Camp! I started blogging about a year ago, with my Everyday Bliss blog, and I started Everyday Mommy about three months ago and I have to admit I am wondering where to go with it all. I totally started blogging for my own fun and entertainment but now it is starting to feel a little bit like a job. A job that I totally love but a job none the less.

Here I sit with less then 50 visits to my blogs each day and I feel like there are millions of you out there who will be disappointed with what I am or am NOT doing. If I had unlimited time I think I would certainly "get to" all the great ideas I think you are interested in! Ha! Who am I kidding. It is just that I can't help my delusions of grandeur. I have thoughts that my Everyday Bliss blog could become the next Zen Habits (which I totally love and admire) and Everyday Mommy will be the next Dooce (and I don't even like Dooce!).  Truthfully, nearly a year into it I'm not really certain what I am doing and I've decided Bloggy Boot Camp is the place for me to find the answers.

That may be a lot of expectation to pile on a little one day seminar but what the heck?! I mean, since The Girl was born I have NEVER been away from her for more then a couple of hours at a time and I've come up a couple of good ideas anyway. On Saturday I will be spending 8+ hours solely in the company of adults. I'm positively giddy with anticipation.  I'm curious (see I can stay on topic!) to see if I can actually have adult conversation. I'm curious if I am going to learn something new that will breath new life into my blogging experience. I'm curious if I'll like the bloggers in person as much as I enjoy reading some of them and, of course if they will like me. I'm curious if I will find any answers to the questions that plague my every waking moment... oh, yeah it isn't therapy. 

But you get the idea. I am really looking forward to shaking up my usual parenting routine -- which currently is all mommy all the time -- and seeing what happens. My sweet girl starts pre-school this year and kindergarten is around the corner so I am in the unique position of figuring out what might be next for me. I am fortunate enough to have the option of working  or not and while I am leaning towards NOT working, at least in a formal sense so I can be fully available when my girl needs me, I do want to create something of value. I want my words and deeds to make a difference. A difference to you, a difference to my family, a difference to me and a difference for the world.

And I'm really curious if I can figure it all out in one day. 

Check back next week for my conclusions 
when I share my Bloggy Boot Camp experience! 
And if you are going too, please join my SF Bloggy Boot Camp Hop -- 
it is a great place to meet your fellow attendees!

Next Post: Wordless Wednesday

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Curiosity. Next week 's topic is Love.
blog comments powered by Disqus