Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally back with some Friday Fragments



Mommy's Idea

It's Friday so you know what that means. Time for an installment of fragmenty goodness. Brought to us by Mrs. 4444 over at Half-Past Kissin' Time. Do stop by and visit all the other fragmenty goodness!





This could be the ultimate Friday Fragments! It has been WAY too long since I have posted here and because I've been working at The Girl's preschool on Fridays I haven't been able to post on Fridays. This week I switched shifts so here I am! Notice I am not including my parenting virtues this week... I just haven't been keeping up with that so I think I'm going to remove them all together. I love the virtues but I just don't post on topic as much as I would like. I don't know... looks like an overhaul of this blog might be required. Which reminds me...


------------


 I am thrilled to report that I have officially hire a blog designer for my Everyday Bliss redesign. I have decided I want to see if I can make this a professional blog and ultimately make some money doing what I love... which is encouraging more Bliss in the world. I think I may have mentioned that the domain "EverydayBliss.com" was not available so I've had to look for a new name. Take a tip from me, if you like your Blog Name spend the $10 a year to buy it! If I had only done so when I started the name could have been mine.


Anyway, I digress. So I spent a lot of time brainstorming and finally while on a call with my friend Lisa from Life Unity came up with the available name www.BlissHabits.com! Woo Hoo! It is currently pointing over to the old Everyday Bliss Blog but sometime in January will be moving to its final home. I have also purchased MyBlissHabits.com with the intention of making that a user community page where people can share their Bliss games, advice insights etc. It should be a lot of fun! If any of you former Everyday Bliss or future Bliss Habits readers have anything you would like to see on the new site do let me know! I'll be updating again as I get closer to launch!


------------


I am super excited about the upcoming holiday season. My Sister and her family and my Mom are all coming for Christmas week. This will be the first trip out here my mom has taken so I am totally thrilled. We are hoping to woo her with the lovely California weather which will be a welcome change from Upstate NY winters and encourage more visits in the future.


-------------

A couple of weeks ago I shared my new obsession about HubPages. Since that time I've written a couple more but no where near the volume I would like to have. Theoretically I would like to write a hub a day but that just ain't gonna happen. I'm shooting now for three a week but since announcing my intention have had the worst case of writers block! Isn't it funny how that happens! That is part of the problem over here. If you are curious please hop on over to see one of these:



Stuff The Girl Says (two year old edition)




I also have the problem of being a very slow typist. I still hunt and peck more then type so something that should take minutes takes me hours. I am going to try out some voice recognition software to see if that potentially can help boost my output. I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head I just want to get them out! LOL

------------

I think I mentioned, more then a few times that we have some Garden Snails as pets. I was wondering if we were torturing them and/or if the habitat we provide was suitable. All my fears were laid to rest when we discovered a nest of eggs in the corner of the aquarium. We are going to be snail mommies. Actually the hatching has already begun and in a day or so the tiny snails will dig themselves out of the dirt. I am not committed to keeping 20-25 more snails (average number expected to survive the journey out of the dirt) so we will be setting them free in our yard at some point. Until them this little science project of ours is totally thrilling!

------------

Ok then. Let's get to the good stuff. Here are some of the classic things the Girl has said and done in the past couple of weeks!

"Amember the next day when you told me I was a dinosaur?" No I don't. "You did! You said it!" I don't remember but ok, you're a dinosaur. "No I'm not!"

"Mom he said, "Hit it!" and nobody hit anything!"

Introducing me to a new garden snail she found, "Mommy that Mr. Snail-ey is so funny. He just told me a little joke about a little camel."

After climbing out the bathroom window!!! "I'm ok. I landed on my feet and everything!" (Good thing we live in a one story house!!)

At the grocery store check out."We got these chips for my daddy. He's not dead yet so we bought him these."

OK mom. I'm going to snag that tape. Don't follow me." What are you going to do with the tape? "Nothing. Don't follow me."

"Daddy, you and I are a team today. Mom isn't on our team. Maybe nextday for her."

Update to "team" conversation. "Mommy you can be on my team in the day. Dad you have night. On "dad-days" (what we she calls weekends) we can be the family team all together!"

My all time favorite of the past week:
"Mommy I don't want to die for a long time but when we do can we hold hands?"

That totally brings a tear to my eye.

Next Post: Trying to make that happen Monday!
blog comments powered by Disqus