Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Everyday Game

Welcome to Everyday Mommy!

In September last year I came up with a fun idea to add more Bliss to my Everyday life and Everyday Bliss was born! My experiment which was based on Ben Franklin's practice to study virtues repeatedly and concentratedly spawned my "Everyday Game". I came up with Thirteen Virtues of Bliss and got to work. As I write this I am closing in on completing my third cycle through each of those thirteen virtues.

Unlike Ben, who repeated his study of the same thirteen virtues for his entire life, I knew that at different points in my life I would have an interest in concentrating on different things so I designed my Everyday Game to be something I could do for a few months (or few years) and then I could move on to other things. Ideas in future contention include Everyday Green and Everyday Adventure. If playing this sort of game sounds like fun to you, check out some ideas for playing an Everyday Game here.

As my year of Everyday Bliss comes to an end I realize that I am really not finished exploring Bliss and I have other interests, like being the best possible parent to my three year old daughter. So I have decided to create a game that I can play in conjunction with my Everyday Bliss game. Thus, Everyday Mommy is born. When I considered distinguishing thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting I also wanted them to work compatibly with the Virtues of Bliss so I could realistically consider them simultaneously.

So here they are, my Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting paired up with the complementary Bliss Virtue.

Everyday Bliss
Everyday Mommy
Joy
Fun
Order
Discipline
Creativity
Creativity
Passion
Love
Whimsy
Wonder
Serenity
Listening
Inquiry
Curiosity
Community
Compassion
Romance
Trust
Gratitude
Acceptance
Moxie
Empowerment
Humility
Humility
Surprise
Flexibility

Next Post: Some blog logistics

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,
Compassion, Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility
blog comments powered by Disqus