Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Creativity Week Kick Off!!

Topic of the week
Creativity
The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, 
or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, 
forms, methods, interpretations, etc.

As I am sure all of you aware of by now, I have another blog called Everyday Bliss. I am very excited because it is creativity week over there too! This is one of only two virtues (humility is the other one) that are shared by both blogs. Here I focus on parenting stuff and the other blog is all about personal bliss and CREATIVITY is vital to both. I generally keep the two blogs separate but in the case of creativity I am recommending a visit over there as part of your creativity work this week! 



Our Purple Fairy Wands

I have to admit to being most at home with this parenting virtue. I have always considered myself a "fly by the seat of my pants" gal and creativity is definitely needed when someone doesn't plan as much as they should! My daughter hasn't gone to preschool yet so I have been her preschool teacher and mother along the way so I am always coming up with different crafty and fun activities. I do not enjoy reading aloud for hours but give me some glue and craft supplies and I am happy as a lark and so is my girl! This week I will be sharing some of my favorite creative projects.

Some Paper Plate Chickens "heading to the nest to sleep"
(I was corrected when I told the girl I thought she was "playing with them")


In addition to the obvious creativity associated with art, parents can utilize creativity in a whole host of other ways. Creative problem solving comes immediately to mind.  I continue to amaze myself with my ability to come up spur of the moment ideas to help my Girl understand concepts like gravity.  In the gravity case we built ramps of different heights and she rolled things of different weights down them. When the ramp were the same height identical weight balls arrive at the same time.  She still doesn't call it gravity but she can tell you what will happen to the balls if the ramps change or the weight of the balls change.  

Tomorrow I'll be back with my Creativity Resource Post. The Linky for this has already been posted in my sidebar so if you have some things to say on the topic please go ahead and link on up! And if you have a moment do stop by Everyday Bliss where we have a creativity party underway... Initiatives for feeling more creative, a guest blogger and more this week. All in all I think it should be a lot of fun so welcome!!

Next Post: Parenting Creativity Resources (post poned until Thursday)
                Wordless Wednesday is up Next!



My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Creativity. Next week 's topic is Love.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm....I think I need a purple fairly wand now. Just say'n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!