Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eight surprising things about me (part two)

Flexibility- The ability to adapt and generate creative options rather than to obsess, worry and control.


Kindergarten... can you guess which one is me??


It is SURPRISE week over at Everyday Bliss so yesterday I decided to to surprise my readers with eight things about me that they might not already know. I've been writing over there for more the 300 posts so it was challenging to think of things I hadn't already covered in my blog. Then I thought about you guys over here. Now some of you have been following both blogs, but quite a few of you are new over here alone so I thought I would write eight MORE things that if you are a new follower you probably don't know about me! You can visit Everyday Bliss here or by clicking my link below if you want to read the first eight.

Here are the regular rules:

People who are tagged need to write these rules in their own blogs & share eight things about themselves that others might not know. At the end of the their blog post, they need to tag six people and list their (blog) names. Leave a comment on the blogs of the people they’ve chosen telling them they’ve been tagged and encouraging them to come over and read the eight things you’ve written on your blog.

I've decided I will "tag" anyone reading this as a way to get to know you better! I am adding a linky below and will also showcase anyone who joins in an upcoming post -- my hope is that by participating we all get to know each other better and you may also get some new followers on your blog!

OK so without further ado here are Eight (more) things you might not know about me:

  • I have walked across 40 feet of hot coals in my bare feet.
  • I have participated in a 10 day silent Vipassana meditation retreat. 
  • I was an AFS exchange student and spent my year in Austria.
  • In college my nickname was Kathy Political and I was president of my Student Association. 
  • I was supposed to go in the Peace Corps after college but was "medically disqualified" when a jaw tumor was discovered in my pre-departure medical exam. I like to say the Peace Corps saved my life. As a result of early detection the tumor was removed and I have had led a completely normal (at least physically!) life. I still get sad that I didn't get to go as planned.
  • I have lived in five different states. They are New York, Massachusetts, Alabama, Missouri, California.
  • I placed an ad in Craig's list which said I was looking to be "Wooed and Wowed for the rest of my life" and met my husband! So far so good on the wooing and wowing!!
  • My family and close friends from home call me Kaki (pronounced Khaki). I was given this name more then 14 years ago by my niece sage who at the age of three told me "I know your name is Kathy but Kaki is SOOO much better!" She also was appalled at 4 when it seemed I did not know how to correctly spell my name. I had been spelling it like the pant's color but was informed that "It is K-A-K-I, don't you know anything?"

If you take the challenge and write a Surprising post please link up here... 
I will showcase everyone who joins the party in a blog post next week!

Next Post: a flexible bunch of fragments

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,
Compassion, Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Flexibility

1 comment:

  1. Love your list. I want to hear more about walking over the hot coals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!