Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Then and Now is moving... yep that was then and this is now!

Empowerment - Foster individual self-discovery and self-esteem. Validate trying, taking healthy risks, and listening to inner truths.


 Everyday Mommy

Greetings dear readers. Here I am 14 posts out of the gate and I am here to report I am changing things. Well I did tell you I was going to take a few weeks figuring things out! I have decided that I am going to move Then and Now to Saturdays. As I worked through the things I am doing and want to do here (more about this in tomorrow's post) it just made the most sense. For those of you who came to participate I apologize for any inconvenience. Each week I will keep the Linky active in the footer of my blog so really you can join any day that works for you.

I'm going ahead and putting last week's linky in this post if anyone wants to link up today. In any case do come back Saturday and link those stories up!

Here is the idea behind THEN and NOW:

People LOVE to talk about how things were "back then." This meme is designed to give us a reason to remember and chronicle our favorite stories. Pick a favorite THEN and compare, contrast or just wax philosophically about the differences between THEN and NOW. That is all there is to it! So go ahead... dust off all those old tales you know you want to share and give them new life now in THEN and NOW.

If you would like to participate with THEN and NOW this week, (or any other!) Please link up over on this blog. I will keep the Linky Information "live and available" all week at the bottom of this blog (scroll down to view) as well as include it in the weekly THEN and NOW post. If you are participating, please post the button (at top of this post) in your sidebar OR as part of your THEN and NOW post and provide a link back to my blog's THEN and NOW post for the week (Mine will always be the first link listed in the Linky). If you want to add the LInky too just go ahead and grab the code!

After you link up do visit the person in front of you and leave some comment love!
Next Post: A whole bunch of stuff!!

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,
Compassion, Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Empowerment. Next week we tackle Humility.




blog comments powered by Disqus