Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Friday, July 16, 2010

THEN and NOW - The CAKE edition!

Topic of the week
Discipline 
The ability to follow direction and the courage to do what is right
.

 Everyday Mommy

Welcome to the fifth installment of the THEN and NOW Game! Time to dust off all your favorite old stories...This meme is designed to give us a reason to remember and chronicle our favorite tales. Pick a favorite THEN and compare, contrast or just wax philosophically about the differences between THE


If you are playing along, please post the button (above) in your sidebar OR as part of your THEN and NOW post and provide a link back to my blog's THEN and NOW post for the week (Mine will always be the first link listed in the Linky). If you want to add the Linky too just go ahead and grab the code!
~~~~~~~~~~

Fun side note: 
Hop on over to The Scoop on Poop where I am guest blogging 
on the topic of Love and Fixation! (You'll hear how I met my sweet Hubby)
Now on to THEN and NOW!
~~~~~~~~~~

We are nearing the end to the birthday season around here. Three years ago a bunch of us met at the park when we were unsure what else to do with our pre-walking little babies. As a result of that meeting we have been joyfully participating in weekly outings and subsequently birthday parties. Last year Jessie learned the joy of birthday parties in the magical wishing of cake -- I wrote the following in her baby blog: 



When it comes time to sing Happy Birthday Sweets is probably at her happiest because it is time to "Wish for Cake." As we have gone along this party season I have explained to Jessie that after the candle is blown out a wish can be made so when it came time for her birthday I asked "What are you going to wish for?" She replied with a very simple "CAKE." I thought that was some pretty good wishing since it is likely to come true but as time goes by I realize it is an integral part of the experience for her. We were watching Peter blow out his candles and she shouted, "Wish for Cake!" and then when it was Samuel's turn she whispered to me, "I think he is wishing for cake!"

*** THEN***

and

*** NOW ***


Since that time last year, The Girl has upped her appreciation for the marvelous confection and the acquisition of the scrumptious confection has become an art form. In addition to the birthday parties at which cake (not cupcakes - "Mommy you told me there would be Cake at Ellie's Party." You had two cupcakes! "Cupcakes are NOT Cake!") should be served, Sweets is always on the lookout for reasons why cake should be served.

"It is your birthday today mommy, let's have cake." It's not my birthday. "Can we have cake anyway?"

"Mommy I was thinking..." Yes Sweets? "Today is a good day for Cake."

"If I eat all my broccoli is it time for cake?"

Upon his arrival home, "Daddy did you bring me cake?"

It is Sonia's birthday today. "She should wish for cake. Can I have some?"

"I'd like to make cake today. It is a perfect day for cake."

and this week 
‎" I KNOW it is a pretend birthday but we can still have real cake!?"



Next Post:  Discipline Week wrap up




My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Discipline. Next week 's topic is Creativity.



blog comments powered by Disqus