Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Calling all mommy (and daddy) bloggers! Looking for help and inspiration on the topic of discipline!

Topic of the Week
Discipline
The ability to follow direction and the courage to do what is right.

Wow, hard to believe that thirteen week's ago I introduced my first discipline week and here it is back upon us again!! Discipline is a cornerstone of good parenting. When I think of my personal failures over the course of my life it almost always comes down to a personal lack of self discipline. From a parenting perspective, of course I'd like it if my daughter did do what I asked her to do but more importantly I want to instill in her the self discipline I have never had. Tricky prospect eh? Teaching something you haven't really mastered yourself! 

Exactly why I am reaching out and asking for help! Last Discipline week I started what I am calling a Resource Linky (hoping to grow this into a true resource library in the future!) on the topic of Discipline and three readers were kind enough to share their opinions and inspiration on the topic. I am sharing this linky and those resources again and ask for additional contributions. The Linky will be live in my sidebar all week and all Linky entries will be revisited during the next Discipline week in thirteen weeks too!! I hope this means ongoing clicks to your corner of cyberspace!

If you have ever written a good, funny, inspiring post on the topic of discipline this is the place to share it! 


I look forward to checking out what everyone contributes!!

Next Post: Recent Discipline Foibles 

Here are the hops I'm participating in today!



 

My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Discipline. Next week 's topic is Creativity.
blog comments powered by Disqus