Welcome!!

I started this blog as a place to put the "mommy stuff" that just doesn't fit over on my other blog.

I became a first time mom at the age of 43 so this blog is written from *gasp* an older mom's perspective.

I love being a mom to the funniest little girl on the planet (check out the scroll over to the right ---> for some of her gems!) and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures together!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend of body art, complete chaos and fearless leaps!

Topic of the week
Creativity
The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, 
or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.


I have been doing a pretty crappy job over here at the blog lately. It is just that I have been sick. Not really sick. Just an annoying cold that both my husband and I have been sharing. Somehow The Girl had a slight sniffle while the two of us enjoyed copious snot, coughs and general achiness. She truly ran us ragged this weekend.

First we started with this:



She had gotten kind of quiet in the other room and when I went to see what she was up to this is what I saw. She had stripped naked and was in the process of drawing all over herself. When I asked her why she was doing it she said, "I like drawing on myself." Simple enough huh? She seemed so happy. You know, like she was really getting away with something. Kind of cracked me up. What was the harm anyway? They are "washable markers" right?  

Well actually not. The truthful label might be "Semi-washable markers. will wipe off linoleum floors but takes two -three days to wear off skin if accompanied by lot of soap and water." Two baths and a shower later my daughter went to preschool with a slightly grey neck and other blotches that were concealed with clothing.  I guess it kind of goes with the hair cut she gave herself a while back. I'm getting a little nervous about tattoos in her future but hopefully I have at least a year or two...

The house is a total disaster. I really didn't realize how much I normally keep up after her. Because we wer sick my Sweetie and let her amuse herself as much as possible. She spent a good 45 minutes taking everything out of her closet and piling things up in various locations around the house. Then she spilled every crayon and sticker out of their boxes and spent a good hour meticulously cutting scraps of orange and black paper and taping them around the house. "Look at my beautiful halloween decorations!" 

It was great, as long as we stayed on the couch. Once we opted to move from our little haven we would be overwhelmed by the clutter and retreat hastily back with our orange juice in hand. Yes, she was entertaining herself even if it meant we might lose the house in the process.

At one point she ran into the bathroom "I have to go pee" and slammed the door. I hear her lock the door  but didn't think much of it. She has been playing around with the idea of "privacy" and since she can now go pee by herself I figured she would surface in a little while. I might be risking an entire roll of toilet paper on the floor but what the heck, given the state of the house who would even notice.

Several minutes go by. I started to think she may have gotten distracted by something in her room on the way back but I wasn't really concerned when my sweetie heard a knock at the back door. There she was! I went to the door and saw the open bathroom window. I looked at my cheshire grinning daughter and asked, "Did you jump out that window?" 

She replied, "I'm OK, I landed on my feet and everything"

Really?! I can't believe it. It isn't the highes jump but still! My husband chimes in with a helpful, "That's what babies do! (refer to this post for more on that!)  and then the girl says, "Not all babies, just this baby." 

I think she just may be right on that front. Not all babies for sure.

So how was your weekend?

Next Post : My new obsession with Hubpages


Here are the hops I'm participating in today!



 


My Thirteen Virtues of Great Parenting are:
Fun, Discipline, Creativity, Love, Wonder, Listening, Curiosity,Compassion, 
Trust, Acceptance, Empowerment, Humility and Flexibility

This week is all about Creativity.  Next week 's topic is Love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, so this is what I am looking forward to when becoming a parent one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you "very so much" (the construct I stole from my 3 year old!) for your comments! I reply to every comment. I will ALWAYS reply over here on the blog so if you haven't heard from directly please do check back here. If you become a Disqus member you will be automatically updated via email as well!